Day 8 - The Post-Chemo List

Hello everyone! I'm back with something sorta related to the blog. I got thinking about how there were a load of things I wanted to do when I got better that weren't on my list, but that I had listed about, and how I wanted to still share those cool experinces on here.

Not everyone knows my diagnosis story, and it isn't pretty. I spent a long time in a lot of pain and very unwell, with a lot of doctors not taking me seriously. My initial diagnoses were chronic illnesses without cures, and with very little treatment options. When I was diagnosed with a 'curable' disease, I was thrilled!! I could get better. I was suddenly introduced to this idea of being healthy again. I had accepted the permenance of my illness, for good reason, and I accepted I would have to live life differently forever. I stil probaly will have a lot of issues and I still probably will be disabled forever, but the drastic change in my health since I started treatment has let me dream again. 

Being so unwell from treatment has given me time to think about all the things I haven't been able to do and I started to write them down, it gave me hope to think about it and also helped me focus on something other than what I'm going through. (that's one difference between now and any other point in my life - now I have an end goal, a date I could start feeling healthier by, some sortalight in the dark!) I took inspiration from this list when I was writing my 101 things list, but there's some stuff on there I didn't take. I wanted to share it here to be accountable but also just because it's fun! I want to track the goals I achieve from this list, just like the one's from the 101 list. Also, I can ammend this list at any time, which I can't do to the 101 list...that's a good thing, right?

The Post-Chemo List:
go to Malta
go to Edinburgh
go to Prague
go to Norway
go to Slovakia
go to Germany
go to Disneyworld
attend lectures
find a book club
find a debate club
find clubs
go out dancing
swim more
cat cafe
bake!
tell my story
beamish wild
finish my degree
have a routine
get a dog
get a cat
learn to drive 
clean my house
paint my house
organise my house
go camping
rejoin guides
mentor some chldren
do art
dye my hair
blog more
date
get another tattoo
get my nose pierced again
make loads of AMAZING food

Recovery is going to be long. I have years of my life to recover from. I have been unable to look after myself alone for a long time and I'll have to learn how to do it all again. I have to regain strength, lose weight, grow my hair out, work out whether I'm gonna be able to get a job (I want one!!) etc. Getting to whatever point my body is capable of getting to is gonna take years. And hopefully, I can do all these things along the way.

I'll also be putting this list on my 'other cool stuff' page, to keep track of it there. I hope you're all doing well! I'm 8 days in and still haven't come close to a single thing on my list. lol. (although I have been sharing a post of instagram every day! In the hopes of completing 365 days.....)

Milrose x 

Comments

Popular Posts