Day 1 - The List

My first post, this ought to be easy, right? I mean, all I gotta do is post the list of 101 things and explain what I'm doing, right? Well....why the hell is it so hard then lol. I hate the pressure I put on myself to be something online instead of just being myself. On all my other social media networks slowly I've starting just doing whatever I want and stopped trying to be what I think people want me to be. So for a change, I'm trying that approach with blogging. And I already hate how pretentious I sound but hey that's me I'm an aquarius that's the deal you get don't h8

Ok so a few weeks ago I came across a blog and in a little corner there was a countdown to the end of 1001 days, so I googled what 101 things in 1001 days is and got onto this website here. It's pretty simple. You challenge yourself to complete 101 cool things in 1001 days. Thats like, two and a half years I think? Which is a long time frame I think, and I think too many of my goals are too easy but also I know myself well enough to know that's wrong. Everyone knows getting cancer changes your world view and gives you that 'I wanna live!' drive, and I've got it. So for ages I've wanted to write a list like this anyway, just of stuff I wanna achieve in 2018. 

For months I've been trying to restart my blog/youtube thing and thought, hey! what a great idea! Let's combine the two, cause that gives me a reason to blog and it's not super time consuming or stressful! Every time I complete something off the list, or do something that contributes to something on the list, I'll update here. Every now and then I might check in with you just because I feel like it, too. I also decided to start this off on 1st Jan 2018 as it just sorta felt right what with it being the new year and all. That means my 1001 days will be up on 28th September 2020. That's so cool. I can't wait to see what life is like then, and if I've actually stuck this out.

So without further ado, I present to you, THE LIST!

Travel

Go to Norway 
Visit 15 new countries
Go back to Slovakia
Hitchhike
Go camping
Go to Germany
Petsit abroad
Spontaneously travel somewhere
Go on a ferry
Stand in 2 countries at once (cross a border on foot)
Travel with a friend
Go to a festival
Stay in Edinburgh for a weekend
Stay in a caravan
Walk to Newcastle from my house
Stay in a bothy
Go to Barcelona 
Do a solo trip
See the Danube 

To Visit/See

Go to a cat cafe
Go to a dog cafe
Visit 5 different museums
Visit 3 different art galleries
Consult a psychic
Buy lunch at a farmers market
Visit a vineyard
See a comedy show
See a musical
Visit a car boot sale
Go to a movie alone
Visit a lighthouse
Visit Prague zoo (again)  

Learning
Attend a public lecture
Learn to drive
Become 50% fluent in Italian (on duolingo)
Learn to cook 5 new things
Learn calligraphy
Take (and complete) a class in something new
Finish DD102 and AA100 (my first-year uni modules)

Self-care  
Get back to 60kg
Volunteer
Eat my 5-a-day for a week
Eat at a Michelin star restaurant
Make my favourite meals vegan
Have a skin care routine for a month
Save £1000
Finish chemo
Get 3 tattoos
Get a set of acrylic nails
Grow my hair back out
Get my make-up professionally done

Hobbies
Read 20 book recommended by 20 friends
Watch 26 new films beginning with each letter of the alphabet
Paint something I'm REALLY proud of
Blog every day for a month
Complete a 365 photo challenge
Fill a bullet journal
Re-read Malory Towers
Write 50 letters to the same person
Journal every day for a month
Send 1000 postcards
Attend a life drawing class
Make my own soap
Make my own candles
Bake bread
Complete a family tree
Complete a whole achievement diary on oldschool runescape

Home Things
Decorate bedroom
Decorate living room
Fully organise office
Buy carpet
Move everything on my laptop onto a hard drive
Sort my email inbox
Purge my belongings (and clear that one cupboard)

Adventures to Have
Find 100 geocaches
Go to go ape (or similar)
Swim in a lake
Swim in the sea
Host a dinner party
Ride a horse
Go rock climbing
Go to a trampoline centre
Do 5 more room escape games
Watch a film in another language
Put a lock on a bridge
Etch my name into a tree
Go to an indoor ski slope
Go on a picnic
Go to 3 concerts
Go bowling
Play minigolf
Go fruit picking

Miscellaneous
Meet an internet friend in real life
Get a subscription box
Send someone flowers
Get professional photos taken
Have a coffee date over skype
Say yes to everything all day
Host someone in my home 


For your reference (and mine) The List will be available to easily access here (or by clicking the page title above) where I will also be updating how many things I have completed and how well I'm doing. I also have another page (here) titled 'other cool stuff' which I'll probably add to over time, for now however it includes: A list of every country in Europe and the ones I have visited highlighted, a List of the 20 books recommended to me by 20 friends (you know who you are), a to-be-completed list of all the movies a-z I will watch, and a to-be-completed list of the 100 geocaches I have found. 


If you're interested in getting updates from the blog you can subscribe above, too, or just continue following me on social media cause I'll no doubt be posting it there. I'm really excited to be doing this and I hope you all support me in it (which I'm sure you will lol). So yeah. No idea how to end this. Thanks for reading!

Milly x

Comments

  1. Love this!!!! Can't wait to see all your update posts! It's my dream to go to Germany this next year... wouldn't it be so fun it we met up or went there together? That way you could mark off two things on your list (meet an internet friend).

    Happy new year!!!

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg that would be very awesome!! If you do make it across, you could always come stay here too and get to visit England :p

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts