Day 29 - Room Escape Game 1

Hello! I have so much to say I think I will have to spread it out across several blog posts. I haven't posted as I've been pretty focused on getting through the last of my chemo and nothing massively eventful has happened (until now)...

It was my birthday a week ago! I turned 19 which was awesome and weird. I hung out dancing and drinking with some of my favourite people and then my mum, brother, pals and I went to play a room escape game! As part of this challenge I wanna complete 5 so I guess this counts as one of those. We also then went to eat Italian food and the lovely waitress brought me a free birthday brownie (it was brilliant)

There are SO many room escape games in the general vicinity of where I live and it took ages to pick which one to do, based on affordability and also letting 6 of us play. We picked the witchcraft & wizardry room at Escape Newcastle, it was £15 a head. We escaped with 5 minutes to spare! (though it should have been 15, there was a slight technical error in game). In comparison to the Harry Potter themed room I played in Prague, sadly, this cannot compare. But the one in Prague really did combine all of my favourite things (Harry Potter, Astrology, Maths, Being in complete control 😉). I did enjoy it though and I'd like to return to complete some of the harder rooms.

I found it a little lacking in that it felt like there were just lots of locks to find the codes for rather than actual puzzles, but that could be cause we picked quite an easy room. I also think 6 people got a bit stifling (too many cooks spoil the broth) and it was a tiny room! 

Anyway here's our completion picture:


I did enjoy it, despite criticisms, and it was a great way to spend my birthday! I was really happy we escaped and I'm SUPER looking forward to doing more now. 

I finish chemo this week, so I'll have a blog post for that coming up for sure. I have a lot lined up to cross off my list and I can't wait. 

Milly x


Comments

Popular Posts